Because we must put people, planet and peace over greedy corporate profits.
Restoring America's social and economic vitality requires a competent, progressive U.S. Congress led by a competent progressive President with an intelligent, pragmatic plan—none of whom are bought by corporate interests.
Nothing changes when we don't vote. It's time to focus on the American values we believe in, and then vote for them en masse. And let's review what those values are:
- A just economyan economy that works for all of us, and not just the 1%
- True Wall Street reform and safeguards to protect our economy and U.S. citizens
- Campaign finance reform. Get money out of politics and stop moneyed interests from buying elections, Congress, and high-powered lobbyists.
- Revision of U.S. trade policies
- Peace and human rights, and no more war! End wars for oil and associated regime change. End wars for profit.
- Climate change action NOW – and create millions of jobs to create a green economy. Quickly transition from an oil-based economy to one based on clean and renewable energy. We must reverse man-made climate change and implement the Green New Deal.
- Create millions of jobs to restore and modernize America's infrastructure. For example, electrical grid, roads, bridges, railroads, airports, water purification and distribution, and waste management.
- Freedom and Equality and Racial Justice
- Medicare for ALL—Universal healthcare
- Free public college education
- Student debt relief
- Stop giving Congressional control to right-wing Republican extremists and corportist Democrats who both ignore The 99% and support moneyed interests instead. Fight for the middle class and the values we believe in.
- ALL legislative and fiscal authority is vested in the U.S. Congress. U.S. Constitution
- The Executive Branch has little power by Constitutional design: executive orders (temporary—and can be terminated by the next President), veto (Congress can override a veto with 2/3 majority vote), and commander in chief with diluted authority.
Progressive Democrats have not controlled the U.S. Congress for over two decades. Click on sessions to see the past thru current congressional mix.
Take a stand and vote! Help decide the future of your America. Let's make the change we want to see in the world! VOTE on November 6th!